FIRST LEGO League (Grades 4-9)
Introduces younger students (ages 9-14) to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface.
FLL teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society.
Fll participants get to:
- Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations
Teams may consist of 3-10 participants. We STRONGLY suggest teams of 5-6.
Once registered, teams generally meet a minimum of 8 weeks. Each session should last for about 1.5-2 hours once or twice a week.
Tournament Season: December-January (Teams participate in one Saturday tournament. Tournament information forthcoming.)